| sponsored by
Zeiner's Bass Shop
The Kansas Angler Online
and Swim Tail Lures
KDWPT announces furlough contingency plans
Anglers should not notice much change
June 5, 2015 - TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) plans to continue providing important public services in the event that state employees are furloughed.
- All state parks, wildlife areas and state fishing lakes will be open. Park offices will have reduced staffing. State park rangers and park managers will be on duty. A state employee furlough would not affect federal reservoirs or campgrounds.
- Game wardens and boating enforcement officers will be on duty.
- Licenses, permits, campsite and cabin reservations will be available online at ksoutdoors.com. Licenses and permits will also be available at license vendors around the state.
- State Park Passports will be available at county treasurers’ offices during their normal business hours and online for in-state residents when renewing their vehicle registrations.
- The Office of the Secretary in Topeka; regional offices at Hays, Topeka, Dodge City, Wichita and Chanute; and the Kansas City District office in Shawnee will be open with reduced staffing. The Pratt Operations Office and Emporia Research and Survey Office will be closed with reduced staffing.
- Fish hatchery operations will continue.
- Live animals will receive care at the Pratt, Milford and Southeast Kansas Nature Center and the Kansas Wetland Education Center (KWEC), although the centers will be closed. Fort Hays State operates the KWEC.
- The Great Plains Nature Center in Wichita will be open. It is operated cooperatively by KDWPT, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Sedgwick County Parks and Recreation.
- The Belle Plaine Travel Information Center will be open; the Goodland Travel Information Center will be closed, but the restrooms and vending machines will be available.
Essential administrative functions will be addressed with reduced staffing, including payroll processing, federal aid coordination, year-end accounting and information technology support.
Zeiner's Bass Shop | Kansas
Angler Online |
Swim Tail Lures